Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Back from Skiing....Ready for Taper!

I am happy to report that I am back from Killington injury free! Bryan and I headed up to Vermont early on Sunday morning since the sun was shining and it was supposed to be 55 degrees out. We had a great day of spring skiing and I even got to work on my goggle tan :) The snow was really heavy and it felt kind of like skiing through mashed potatoes. Because of this, most of the trails we were skiing had moguls on them by the afternoon....my tired legs were really starting to burn! We enjoyed the hot tub and went out to dinner before crashing early on Sunday night.

Monday was cloudy and rainy, but still fairly warm. We found one trail on Bear Mountain that we really liked and had pretty good snow on it so we skied that all day. We got wet, but still had fun just being outside and skiing together. By about 3pm my legs were screaming and ready to quit so we headed back to the lodge to enjoy an apres ski beer. As we took off our skis, Bryan says "I am so relieved right now!" When I asked him why, he told me that he was so nervous both days that I was going to hurt myself and not be able to run.....he didn't want to feel responsible or have me blame him if anything happened to me. I was very relieved too.....I consciously took it easy and skied a little cautiously.

We headed back to Boston this afternoon and I hit the gym for a 4 mile run. My legs felt heavy and were tired for the first 2 miles, but felt good towards the end. I am starting to get a little antsy about the taper, knowing that means Boston is getting close! People say its normal to feel this way and I apologize in advance if I am irritable these next two weeks!!

13 more days to go.....

1 comment:

michquig said...

Sarah, It had been geat following your progress. Sorry I cannot be there on the 16th. I wish you lots and lots of engery and love.
Michele Q.