Saturday, April 28, 2007

Boston is over.....so now what?

Now that my first Boston Marathon is over, I find myself asking "so now what?" It's a strange feeling to go from almost everything in my life being dictated by the marathon.....my eating, running, and socializing was all determined by my training....to not having to run. I could have a beer on Friday night for the first time in months because I didn't have to get up early and run on Saturday!

I've been out running a couple times a week since the marathon. Nothing too long or too fast.....although I feel recovered, I know my body needs more time to fully recover from the stress of running 26.2 miles. I absolutely plan on running another marathon and I am in the process of looking into various fall marathons. Once I recover, I plan on spending the beginning of the summer working on my speed. I hope to run some shorter races to try to get faster. Then I'll start my marathon training with a strong base and hopefully more speed.

So, if you are interested keep checking my blog as I will continue to write about my training and racing. Now I just need to think of a new title for my blog......My First Boston Marathon doesn't really apply any more. Any suggestions???

No comments: