Monday, April 23, 2007

One week later....

It's now one week after the marathon and I am feeling good. Tuesday was extremely painful and I stayed home from work. It hurt to sit for too long, it hurt to stand for too long, and it really hurt to try to go down the stairs! My quads and hips were the worst...probably from the downhill running. By Wednesday I was back in work (and of course I sported my marathon jacket all day!) I still couldn't go down the stairs properly and had to side-step down them or take the elevator. Plus I needed to use the handicapped bathroom so I could use the bar to help me sit down.....sorry if that's too much info for you!!

By Friday I was itching to run so Bryan and I went out for an easy 3.5 miles. It felt so good to be running, but my quads were definitely still pretty fatigued. It was so nice out this weekend so we went for a 4 mile run on Saturday and I was feeling even better. On Sunday it was about 70 degrees and Bryan and I went skiing.....yes, you read that right.....skiing on April 22nd!! It was so nice outside and we skied in t-shirts! My legs were definitely tired, but it was an amazing day.

Today was 85 degrees and I was so happy that the marathon was last Monday and not today! I would much rather run 26.2 miles through a Nor'easter than run in this heat!! It was a beautiful day (of course I spent it inside at work) but just not marathoning weather. Since the last three days were pretty active, I am taking it easy today and heading to yoga tonight. Can't wait to be back out running tomorrow!!

No comments: