Friday, April 13, 2007

Marathon Expo and Bib Pick-up!


Janette and I both took off work a little early today and headed over the the Hynnes Convention Center to the Boston Marathon expo. We met on the T and both of us were so excited about going to get out bib numbers. As we tried to find our numbers, we walked past 20,000 other packets of bib numbers waiting to be picked up.....it seems like so many people I can't imagine what Monday is going to look like! We found our numbers and with huge smiles on our faces picked them up.

We then entered the vendor booth area of the expo.....it was huge!!! We started with the Adidas area because they have all the official marathon merchandise...I already bought my Boston jacket (its been in the bag and won't be worn until I cross the finish line), but we both filled up on some additional marathon clothes. Adidas also has a tradition of posting a blank wall where the runners can hang their reasons for running the marathon. I filled mine out and posted it on the wall with all the other bibs (mine's on the right!)
We spent the next 2 hours or so wondering around the expo looking at all the vendors. There was anything you could possibly need at this thing....and some stuff no one needs! We pretty much stayed away from the free samples because we were afraid of what they might do to our stomachs...I mean no one should be drinking an egg white smoothie 3 days before running a marathon! After tracking down a new pair of gloves that are water resistant (think I might need those!) we decided to head out.

When I got home, I spent some time going through my bags of goodies. Then I headed out to the supermarket to get some things for the weekend. I don't think I have ever bought so many refined carbs in one sitting.....bagels, rice cakes, granola bars. I got other stuff for my family to snack on (cheese and crackers, chips and guacamole), but I think I'll stick to the carbs.

It's starting to feel real now! I have gotten over the weather forecast.....so now all that's left is to enjoy the weekend with my family, relax, load up on carbs, and run. Sounds simple enough, right?!?!

3 more days......

No comments: