Monday, June 18, 2007

Busy Weekend!

I had to laugh when I read Janette's blog from this weekend....I could have written the exact same thing about my run on Saturday! It was a beautiful day (upper 70's and sunny) and I thought it would be a good idea to go for a 12 mile run on the Newton Hills at 10:30am. The temperature wasn't bad, but the sun was high in the sky and at its strongest of the day....at least I wore my sunscreen! There were some little girls that had a lemonade stand on the side of the road and I think I would have bought them out if I had any money on me!! When I got home I drank about 40 oz of liquid and still felt thirsty. I am going to have to start refilling my water bottles during my long runs to stay properly hydrated.

Saturday afternoon Bryan and I headed up to New Hampshire for the night. We camped in one of the state owned campgrounds which was fun, but not the best night of sleep being in a tent on the ground...and we were treated to an amazing thunder and lightning storm from about 3:30-5:30am! We got up early Sunday morning and hiked the Franconia Ridge Trail. Its a 9 mile loop that takes you up over Lafayette (5260 ft), Lincoln (5089 ft), and Little Haystack (4800 ft). We had a great time, but my legs were definitely feeling it on the way back down! Taking off my hiking boots was the best feeling ever!!

It was a fun and exhausting weekend...I sure slept well in my own bed last night!
Total Weekly miles: 35.5

2 comments:

Janette said...

You are crazy!! I hope that 35.5 miles includes the 9 you hiked!

Sarah said...

Nope....that's 35.5 running miles! Needless to say my 8 mile general aerobic run was a little slower on Monday!