Tuesday, July 3, 2007

One word summary of last week -- HOT!!

Last week Boston had its first heat wave of the summer.....3 days with temperatures above 90. This made running extremely difficult! On Tuesday I waited until about 7:30pm to head out for my 4 mile recovery run and I was still dying. On Wednesday I actually got up at 5:00am to do my 10 mile general aerobic run......and it was already 75 degrees out. I think I was still half asleep during the run because I missed a turn and didn't realize it until I was about 0.5 miles down the road! I walked in my house and it looked like I had been swimming instead of running....I was drenched! I walked right into the bathroom and took a cool shower.

Luckily it cooled down for the weekend and my long run. We went to my in-laws in upstate NY so I ran my 14 miles on Saturday morning in the Adirondacks.....very pretty, but also hilly. I felt good and had a good pace the whole time. Bryan met me and ran the last 4 miles home with me. We picked up the pace and finished the last 3 miles between 8:18-8:30 pace. The weekend was capped off with lots of good food, relaxing, and a round of mini-golf...ask Bryan who came in last place :)

Total weekly miles: 40.2

No comments: