Monday, June 11, 2007

Back in training!

It's hard to believe that the Boston Marathon was almost 2 months ago! What's even harder to believe is that I started my 18 week training plan for my fall marathon....United Technologies Greater Hartford Marathon!. I looked into many different fall marathons and narrowed it down to Hartford and Philly. After making pros and cons lists about both, I decided to run Hartford this fall.....I'll save Philly for another year.

I am following a different training program this time around. Its slightly more advanced peaking at 55 miles per week....my first program peaked at about 40-45 miles per week. It also focuses on quality runs with specific pacing for my marathon goal pace (whatever that may be!) For Boston I didn't focus on speed....if I wanted to run faster, I did and if I wanted to slow down, I did. I am excited to take on this challenge even though I know its going to be hard work.

Sunday I cross-trained on the stair master and today I did a 7 mile General Aerobic run with 10 x 100m strides. I felt great the whole time with an average pace of 8:33 min/mile....I actually had to hold back my pace some. Days like today I wish I could bottle up that extra energy and speed to use it for a day when I feel sluggish! At least I am off to a good start with my training!

No comments: