Sunday, June 17, 2007

Update

After my little freak out on Thursday night and Friday, I have calmed back down. I quickly asked Janette for her advice and what she would do if in my position. After telling me to breathe, she volunteered to come with me down to Hartford if Bryan wasn't able to make it. That was really, really nice of her and I might take her up on her offer. She agreed that running so many miles while on vacation doesn't sound relaxing!!

I also talked to Bryan and worked out various scenarios so that he could be there. He promised me that he would be there in time to watch me....no matter what!! That was all I needed to hear. I can manage either by myself or with Janette on Friday night, but I needed to know that he would be there Saturday morning when I started running. Its still going to be hard for him to figure out the logistics with work.....non-runners don't really understand the importance of such an event. But we will make it work!

So I am still planning to run the Hartford Marathon on October 13th.....17 more weeks to go!!

1 comment:

Janette said...

Brian is such a sweetheart! First he brings you gummy worms and now he is realizing how much this event means to you! Awww... :)