Monday, June 11, 2007

Jimmy Kennedy 5 mile race

On Saturday, I headed down to Quincy to meet up with Janette to run the Jimmy Kennedy 5 mile race for ALS. It was chilly and misting rain, but great to see Janette again and run together. The course went past the ocean and it was a nice change to run in a different location than my normal routes.

I won't lie....5 miles at race pace was tough! I finished in 37:30...a 7:30 pace. I was very pleased with my time! With about 1/4 mile to go, there was with other woman in front of us. Janette leaned over to me and said "we have to beat this lady!" I was thinking the same thing so we picked up our pace and flew past her.

After the race, Janette and I went out for lunch and chatted about what we have been up to. It was a great morning....even if it was raining!

1 comment:

Maurey Pierce said...

You're fast girl! I'm running my first half-marathon Saturday, after doing a plethora of 5 and 10Ks since October. Scary! Thanks for the inspiration!