Friday, June 15, 2007

Time to hit the PANIC BUTTON!!


Ok....so I am freaking out!! I was all set to run Hartford.....last night I was looking at hotel rooms for Friday night since the marathon starts early Sat. morning. Bryan gets home from work and tells me that he won't be able to stay over in Hartford because he is working overnight on Friday. Hello.....the race starts at 8am and you are on call until 7am at the earliest.....how does he expect to make it to Hartford to be with me (1.5-2 hour drive from Boston)?? I just wish we had figured this out earlier when I was making my pros/cons list......I mean this would have been a major CON for Hartford!!!! I know its not his fault and we just didn't realize the implications it would have. Even if he did make it down in time, that means I would be going down there, staying by myself, and having to get ready by myself.....I don't know if I can do that!! I know how nervous I was the night before Boston and I don't think I could go through that alone in a hotel room by myself!

So my dilemma is this.....
(1) Run Hartford as planned but have to be alone :(
(2) Push up my training and run an earlier marathon
(3) Push my training back and run Philly.......which means 49 MPW while on vacation (two 10 mile runs mid-week and I could save the 20-22 miler for the day or two after we get home)

Today he is looking into the slim possibility of switching the Friday night before Hartford with someone, but it doesn't look like that is an option. The crappy thing is that I have to decide this like now because it majorly affects my training......it took me weeks to decide on Hartford and now I have a day or so to figure this out :(

Sorry I am rambling......I was in tears last night thinking about this and I know most people wouldn't understand why I am so upset. But it is 18 weeks of your life that you are devoting to this. What would you do?????

3 comments:

Janette said...

Maybe you should try this button instead... http://www.hydrous.net/photoblog/large/50e7b552c45ad275.jpg

Janette said...

OK... I don't think that worked... anyway what I meant was...

Why don't you try the Easy Button instead?

Sarah said...

Wouldn't that be great if you could hit an easy button right before a race!! Thanks for the thought :)