Thursday, November 19, 2009

Channeling my inner Kara

I have a huge girl-crush on Kara Goucher....not only is she an amazing runner, but she also seems like a very down to earth and sincere person. Plus she's publicly stated that her and her husband are hoping to start a family now so I'm excited to see how she handles being a runner and becoming a mom (don't get excited.....I'm not there yet!!)

So who better to channel before running Philly?!?! I have already decided that my race outfit will be a pink top and black shorts.....its one of my favorite running outfits and it just so happens that Kara wore this same color combo in Boston this year (I swear that's not the reason I picked it and no, mine won't be as short!). So last night I sat down to paint my nails (hands and feet)...I was deciding what color to go with when I saw my really dark/almost black color (Linken Park After Dark for you OPI fans). I remembered her saying that she went "really bad ass" for NYC and painted her nails black......hey, if it works for her, it might work for me!

So let's see.....pink and black color combo, check! Phiten black cord necklace, check! Dark nail polish, check! (Kara....if you ever read this, I swear I am not stalking you!!)

Now if only I could channel her abs I'd be all set :)

4 comments:

Maria said...

ha ha ha... love it! Really looking forward to hearing about Philly and, of course, virtually cheering you on!!! Wish I could be there in person.

Safe travels!

Tony said...

I wish I had Kara's abs too. I'm so pumped for you Philly.

Steph said...

Linkin Park is one of my favorite colors. Essie makes a color called Wicked that is very similar. OPI's Midnight in Moscow is a good one too. Sending you positive vibes for Philly (and um, when are you posting the recipe of the week??)

Sarah said...

Steph.....look down a couple posts - Stuffed acorn squashes are the ROTW :)