Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Where to start?

I've been putting off writing an update since so much has gone on the past week. Last Friday I needed to do my long run because we were leaving for vacation on Saturday morning. Did I mention that it was snowing all day too?? Although its not optimal, I split the run up and did 7 miles in the snow at lunch and 10 miles on the treadmill (my longest TM run ever!) after work. It was definitely tiring but I averaged a 9:00 min/mile pace for the 7 miles and 8:47 min/mile for the 10 miles. Running uphill in the snow is funny.....my feet kept slipping as I was trying to run up so it looked like I was running in place!

On Saturday Bryan and I took off for a ski vacation in Utah. We had a great 4 days of skiing....the first 2 days we got about 2 feet of fresh powder and the second 2 days there was not a cloud in the sky. I had hoped to get some runs in, but my legs were shot after 6 hours of skiing for 4 days in a row! Plus the beer and hot tub were calling my name when we got back to our room every night :) I'm not even going to begin to tell you all the food we ate during the week....hey, we needed the fuel to ski!

Here are some pictures from our trip!















No comments: