Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Motivation

I was very excited when the newly improved Natick Mall, now called the Natick Collection (fancy schmancy!) opened last year. In addition to a Nordstrom (great shoe selection!), they added a Lululemon Athletica store which carries mostly yoga clothes, but also other workout things. I have heard amazing things about their clothes and I was in need of new yoga pants. I got my yearly bonus from work last week so I decided to splurge on them. My "fit expert" helped me decide between two pairs of pants and marked them for hemming (who knew you could hem yoga pants!).

I came out of the dressing room and Bryan (bless him for shopping for yoga pants with me!) found a pair of shorts he wanted me to try on. Okay.....let's stop right here and think about this. We are in a store full of tight clothing so take a guess at what type of shorts my dear husband would want me to try on :) They are tight, short, and.....well what else is there to say about them! After he convinced me they would keep me cooler than my usual Nike Tempo shorts when running in hot weather, I considered them. However, I had already put my normal clothes back on and didn't want to change again to try them on. He made me promise that when I picked up the pants later in the week that I would try them on.

So today I was back at the mall (sorry - the collection) to get my pants...I kept my promise and tried on the shorts. Feeling a little self conscious yet surprisingly comfy in the soft shorts, I stepped out of the dressing room and again was complimented by my fit expert....like they would really tell you they look awful and your a$$ is hanging out!!! But I decided to get them (mine are in black)....Bryan will be so happy when he reads this :) I'm still not 100% sure about them and need to try them on at home with my running sneakers and tank top (to get the full affect of the ensemble of course!)
I'll tell you one thing, I will think about them everytime I am tempted to eat a cookie (who am I kidding....5 cookies) instead of my whole grain carbs, veggies, and protein. Now I have to go do some squats and lunges....... :)

No comments: