Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm famous!


This picture was in the Standard Times, the New Bedford local newspaper. I'm in the top center with a light purple shirt on behind the two guys in blue!

Also, at the finish line I was interviewed by a reporter for the paper. I made it into an article about marathoners' stories. I don't want to post the link for privacy reasons, but here's my part...

Sarah, 27
Boston

Sarah wasn't entirely happy with her 1:46:51, but it should help her get on track for other races.
"I was a couple minutes short of where I wanted to be, but that's all right," Sarah said. "I'm doing it as a training run for marathons."
The research engineer, who dropped four minutes off her time here last year, used a GPS watch to stay on course.
"It tracks by satellite," Sarah said. "It tells pace and splits and everything. It's good feedback."

2 comments:

Maria said...

I know a celebrity!!! :-) Nice.

Steph said...

And thanks for teaching me how to use my Garmin!!!