Saturday, March 15, 2008

Butterflies

Although my stomach is filled with pasta right now, there are also some butterflies in there flapping around. Tomorrow I am running a half marathon and I'm nervous about it. My marathon training has been going well so far and I am feeling strong, but this week my legs have been a little sluggish.

After my 18.4 miles last Sunday I took a nice yoga class Monday night to loosen up. Tuesday was an easy 7 mile recovery run....it was so great to actually have sunlight after work because of early daylight savings time - I loved it! Wednesday was a 13.5 mile medium-long run....after working 9 hours! The first half felt really good, but then the wind picked up, the temps dropped, I started getting cold, and my stomach started cramping up :( I finished the run, but slowed down a lot. Thursday I ran 4.1 miles with my work running group over lunch. Friday was a rest day and today I ran an easy 5 mile recovery run followed by 8 x 25 second strides.

So tomorrow is the half marathon....weather.com is forecasting rain, snow, and wind....great! I would love to run it in 1:45 (8:00 pace) but we'll see what happens. Obviously the distance doesn't scare me, but I'm nervous about my pace. Coming off of almost a 50 mile training week, I know I'm not at my best. I'll just see what tomorrow brings and if I fall short remind myself of the race I am actually training for!

I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: