Monday, February 18, 2008

What a difference a day makes!

Saturday 8:00am and it was 16 degrees outside! I met up with John at Fitcorp for what would a cold and windy run. We set out together and spent the first couple miles complaining about how cold it was, how we wished we were in bed, and how much we despised our other marathon friends, Steph and Jeff, who were on vacation in Puerto Rico and Mexico! Although I do think that Steph was sending us good running vibes because a Feist song came on the radio as I drove into Boston....thanks Steph!

Overall the run went really well despite the cold. John and I chatted about what got us into distance running, birthdays (HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!!), and other random thoughts.....its funny how we can always find things to talk about no matter how many miles we run. We stayed together for the first 7.2 miles and then split up as he was doing 14.5 and I was doing 16.5 miles. My legs were tired from my 10 miler on the Newton Hills that I ran on Thursday, but I was able to push my pace in the last 7 miles and finished the run with an average pace of 8:42.....not bad!!

48 hours later.....Monday 1:00pm and its 55 degrees out!! What the heck is going on?? Two days ago my gatorade was frozen in my water bottles and today I was running in shorts......weird! I had the day off so I could run during the afternoon around the river. It was really windy because of the warm front that came through, but I managed my 9.4 mile tempo run with 4 miles at LT pace. My splits for the LT miles were 8:15 (a little slow, but into the wind), 7:55, 8:03, and 7:58. I felt really strong even with the wind.

Hoping to make it to yoga tonight.....must.....stay......motivated!!

Total weekly miles = 42.8

1 comment:

Steph said...

I would have rather been running with you-got that nasty stomach bug and was half dead on my couch! Managed to make it to PR the next day where of course every time I took a sip of my margarita, my 9 year old would ask, "Is that on your marathon diet?" Great, I'm raising a running snob! As any true runner would, kept up my training. While my family slumbered, I was out the door by 6:30 a.m. to get the run in! Don't you just love Feist? 8:42-awesome job Foster!