Tuesday, February 12, 2008

So Ashamed!

Like many runners, I use music to motivate me when I'm running or to just tune out the outside world. I have become less reliant on my ipod recently and only wear it on the treadmill and sometimes on long runs, but I am always looking for new music to download and often buy a couple new songs a week to add some spice to my running mix. This was the case last week as I needed some new tunes. I will start by saying that my taste in running music is very different than my every day music. For running I like songs with a beat, songs I can sing along to....anything from Bon Jovi to Kanye West to Good Charlotte to Irene Cara (remember "What a Feeling" from the 80's?).

So last week I had heard this song on the radio a couple times that was kind of catchy. It had a good beat and I picked up the words quickly and started singing it...perfect for running. I go to itunes to buy it and imagine my surprise -- no utter shock when I find out who sings it. I don't know if I can even admit to it in public.......it was none other than Miley Cyrus....that's right HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!

I was torn.....either keep my pride and not download the song or admit to being a 27 year old who likes music meant for 12 year olds! $0.99 later I was rocking out to Miss Montana....I am so ashamed! But she did help me through my 7 miles on the treadmill last night which included six 0.5 mile repeats all done between 3:39 and 3:42 :)

5 comments:

Steph said...

I can beat you-I went to the concert (took my daughter)! AND for the record, The Jonas Brothers were way so much better than Miss Montana!

I'm just begging you Sarah, please don't start listening to Barney.....I love you, you love me.....

The 311 Boys Mom said...

NOthing wong with that. I didi the same thing & I'm 34 & have only boys. . . . BUT I also downloaded new Britney. . . .& it makes running CAKE . . . ..lol

GB said...

Hahahaha I love it Sarah! Hannah Montana is a fixture in my house. My daughter absolutely loves her. I don't think I've heard the song you talked about yet, but I'm going to have to check it out now.

Sarah said...

It totally doesn't count as shameful if you actually have young girls in your house!!

And I agree about the new Britney CD....while her life is a train wreck right now, her new CD does have some great beats on it!

Back to hanging my head in shame. Maybe I should get a Hannah Montana button or something...remember those from the New Kids on the Block times?? :)

Lauren0708 said...

Hey Sarah-

Remember me? Lauren Angelo (now Silva) from ALJ? Great to see you are doing well. U can e-mail me if u want at laurlaur225@yahoo.com.

Lauren