Sunday, February 10, 2008

Update on last week

Its been a little while since I updated you on my week. Besides dealing with some craptastic weather.....think rain, wind, and snow all week....I actually had a great week of runs.

Monday: 8 mile tempo run...2 mile warm up, 4 miles at lactate threashold pace (8:06, 8:13, 8:13, and 8:06), 2 mile cool down. I ran on the treadmill because I was feeling a little tired and didn't want to have to worry about setting my pace so I let the mill do it for me.

Tuesday: 4.1 mile recovery run.....I ran with a coworker and was a little faster than I would have liked for recovery, but felt good. Also did 60 minutes of yoga.

Wednesday: 10.1 mile general aerobic run....I had planned to push this run to Thursday because it was monsooning all day, but it cleared up so I ran after work. I felt pretty good even though I hadn't eaten enough during the day. Averaged an 8:45 pace.

Thursday: REST!!! Did nothing...and it was nice :)

Friday: 4 mile recovery run and core strength exercises including 40 minutes of pilates.

Saturday: Long run of 14.7 miles. I met up with John and ran the first 7 miles with him, which was nice. I averaged an 8:55 pace with the last 6.7 miles at 8:35, 8:41, 8:38, 8:35, 8:38, 8:28, and 8:53....not too bad since those miles included Heartbreak Hill and Beacon Hill.

Sunday: 45 minutes of crosstraining and 75 minutes of yoga

I am proud of myself for getting in 2 yoga sessions, pilates, and core work. I found these great free yoga podcasts on itunes that I downloaded. Its a little tricky since I don't have an instructor to watch, but for the most part I knew the poses from taking classes....Janette, what is boat pose?? I'll have to look that up online! It was a Baptist style vinyasa class which means it focuses on the flow into each pose (the asanas)....it moves fast which I like a lot. Now I have to keep up with my practice....especially as the miles keep adding up!

Overall it was a good week. Total weekly miles = 41

No comments: