Monday, February 4, 2008

Reunions

On Saturday I met up with John and Jeff, two of my teammates from Boston last year, for a hilly and windy 13 miles. It was great to see them and run with them again. They are both training for Boston again and had a recovery week in their milage. The morning was warm and the sun was out.....of course none of that mattered because the wind was practically pushing us backwards. It was so strong that I actually saw white caps forming on the Charles River when I was driving home! John took us on a hilly route through BU and BC and back up Beacon Street into Boston. Jeff and I wanted to punch him every time we saw another hill and they wanted to punch me for making them do 13 miles when their schedule said 12! Overall we kept a great pace at about 8:55 min/mile.

After my run, I headed to lunch with another team BMC friend, Janette. We had a great time catching up about work, running, yoga (she's getting certified as an instructor), and life in general. Bryan and I rounded out the weekend with a trip up to New Hampshire for some skiing on Sunday. The conditions weren't great, but we made the most of it. Overall, it was a good but busy weekend!

Total weekly miles = 39.1

1 comment:

Steph said...

I feel so left out! I was stuck at home playing nursemaid to two sick kids. It was windy; I was making great pace until I turned a corner and was blown over! I do feel a little better though-I did get to have a drink with you and watch the marathon movie.