Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mind Numbing Run

Yesterday I was forced to run on the treadmill.....I had a lunch meeting at work so couldn't run then and had a doctor's appointment after work. I thought about running at night, but it had snowed a couple inches the day before and some people hadn't shoveled their sidewalks. Running in the dark on icy roads is never a good idea!

So I headed to the gym.....for an 8 mile run. Aaaaaahhhhhh! That's the longest I have ever run on the treadmill. I actually had to restart the treadmill because it only let's you run for 60 minutes before shutting off! I knew my legs could handle it, but didn't know if my mind could handle the boredom. Luckily it wasn't too bad as I had both my ipod and an episode of America's Next Top Model to watch on TV.

Today was a crosstraining day so I did 30 minutes on the stair stepper and then some core strength training moves. I am trying to motivate myself to do my pilates DVD for some additional core work.....but the couch is just so comfy right now :)

Update -- It's 10:15pm and I finished my pilates session about 15 minutes ago. Go me!

No comments: