Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I'm in love!

Monday was my two year anniversary and although I love my husband more than ever, I am in love with something else. Bryan surprised me with a Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS watch and I love it!! I wasn't planning to run on Monday, but I had to try it out so we went out for an easy 3.91 miles (and I know that exactly!) I am loving the auto lap function.....basically it tells you what each of your mile splits are. I had no problems picking up the satellites at my house or around the river. The only time I lost it was for a second when I went under a bridge.

I took it out for a tempo run on Tuesday and wow....it was so much easier to keep track of my pace and distance. I did a 2 mile warm up at 9:23 pace followed by 4 miles (8:25, 8:14, 8:06, 8:16) and a mile cool down at 9:42 - 7 miles total. It even showed me a little map of my route!

I have a feeling this will make a huge difference in my training, especially since I am training with a specific pace in mind. Now I can't wait to get out there and do intervals, tempo runs, and long runs.....without having to do the math in my head!

No comments: