Saturday, May 26, 2007

Its getting hot out!

The past few days its been 85+ degrees here....way too hot for running. Thursday I waited until about 6:00pm to go for my 7 mile run around the river. Managed to average a 9:14 min/mile pace without too much extra effort from the heat.

I took Friday off as a rest day because it was 92 degrees out....a new record high in Boston for May 25th. Instead I relaxed with Bryan and grilled turkey burgers and corn on the cob (and some icecream for dessert). YUM!

Today we went to the beach for a few hours during the day. It was nice to be out there for the first time this summer. I again waited until about 6:30pm to head out for my run so it could cool off a bit and the sun would be lower in the sky. I had 24oz. of water with me in my fuel belt and ran 12 miles on the Newton hills with an average pace of 9:12 min/mile. I don't know if it was the heat, the hills or my legs, but it felt harder than Thursday's run.

I was surprised when I got home to weigh myself and see that I still lost 1.5 lbs even with all that water. I guess I need to make sure I drink even more when I run in the heat. Bryan has volunteered to man some water stops for me this summer on my really long training runs.....how sweet :)

No comments: