Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Is McDonalds after a 7 mile run counterproductive?

Yesterday I headed out for a nice 7 mile run. Bryan had to work late so I knew I was on my own for dinner. Knowing that I wasn't going to finish my run until after 7pm, I decided I would just grab something on my way home. Well during my run I passed a McDonalds and those fries started calling my name....I haven't eaten McDonalds in months! I could smell it from across the street as I ran past! I told myself that if I still wanted it after my run, I would get it.

7 miles later, I was pulling up to the drive-up window! I was good and ordered a grilled chicken sandwich (no mayo) and a small fries (although I was temped to go with medium). I must have looked pretty funny since I was all sweaty and still in my running clothes yet buying quite possibly the most unhealthy food in the world!

Whatever....today is a new day and I made sure to load up on whole grains, lean protein, veggies, and fruit. It was a moment of weakness......at least I ran the 7 miles first rather than just eating the fries!

2 comments:

Janette said...

I had McDonald's yesterday on the Mass Pike on the way home! Ew, ew! But... mmm... so good!!

Janette said...

Oh... but I didn't run 7 miles!