Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Track workout

I am loving the weather we are having so far this week!! Especially after all the rain over the weekend....I actually didn't get my long run in on Sunday because of it (and a slight hang over from the Red Sox game the night before). Monday after work I did 10 miles around the Charles at an average pace of 9:14 min/mile.

Yesterday I did my first track workout since.....well since track in high school! I was working in Cambridge so I ran over to the MIT track as a warm up and did four 800m repeats with a 400m recovery jog between each then ran back to work (total miles =4.7) . I wanted to do more, but my body was tired. Here's my splits:

1st - 3:30 (7:02 min/mile)
2nd - 3:35 (7:13 min/mile)
3rd - 3:40 (7:23 min/mile)
4th - 3:25 (6:54 min/mile)

Knowing it was my last one I tried to pick it up some for the 4th. It will be interesting to see how my times improve over the summer as I continue to push my speed and hopefully get more comfortable running faster.

Today I am hoping to get some cross training and weights in at the gym......after I take my cat to the vet for her check-up!

No comments: