Monday, June 7, 2010

Triathlons - Sarah Style

Last week we sold my car to a former coworker who was buying it for her daughter (whose name is also Sara without the "h"...I think it was fate). This has left us as a one car family and since Bryan is still working, its left me without a car during the day. Not to fear, I have two legs, a bike, and a T pass if I really need it!

On Friday I participated it my version of a triathlon. Instead of Swim - Bike -Run, my triathlon went more like this: Bike - Yoga - Run. First was the bike portion as I had a short ride to my yoga studio followed by a yoga class, short ride back home, and then Bryan and I headed out for a quick run. So I know its not the standard triathlon, but I'm not a strong swimmer (even after 2 semesters of swim classes) so I like my version a lot better! Add to that all the packing I've been doing and I had quite the active day!

And what race report would be complete without the breakdown?

Bike - 5 miles total (I said it was a short ride to the studio)
Transition 1 - ~15 minutes
Yoga - 60 minutes
Transition 2 - ~45 minutes
Run - 4.2 miles

Guess I have to work on my transitions, huh??

No comments: