Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Operation Move Day 1 - Multitasking

Yesterday was Day 1 of Operation Move. This included scheduling my car for cleaning, picking up packing supplies, organizing my bookshelf (yikes) and closet (double yikes!), and starting to pack.

And of course I wanted to get a run in! So, you ask, how was I to fit all this in? I would run some of my tasks. At 10:00am I drove my car to the car wash to be detailed, ran the 1.5 miles back home and got to packing while my car got all prettied up. At about 2:30pm I heard loud cracks of thunder...great as I needed to pick up my car at 3:00pm! So I quickly checked the radar and decided to try to outrun the storm. I threw my running shoes on and raced out the door...keys and credit card in hand! There was some rain drops and very ominous looking clouds following me, but I made it back to the car wash just as the heavens opened...whew!

So I would day that Day 1 was a success...car cleaned, check. Packing supplies, check. Organizing my bookshelf closet, check (picture shows all the stuff to be donated!). Run, CHECK!!


Let's hope Operation Move Days 2-16 go just as well!

1 comment:

Maria said...

As much as I dread packing, the purging of stuff is AWESOME! :)