Friday, June 25, 2010

I Don't Think We're In Kansas Anymore!

Today we left Denver on our last day of driving! We decided to take a slightly longer route in order to pass through the Rockies and have more of a scenic drive. The car resisted a bit as we started rising some 6,000 ft above Denver which is already at 5,280 ft (duh, "the mile high city"). We definitely had one of those I think I can, I think I can moments but it was a beautiful drive. We stopped in Vail Village for a bit and then in Glenwood Canyon which was just beautiful.

Driving through Denver with the Rockies to the west

Through the mountains

Glenwood Canyon

Glenwood Canyon and the Colorado River

Bryan with his feet in the Colorado River

Not even out of the car for 5 minutes and I find this! I guess I better get used to seeing these around!


It was interesting to see the change in geography as we traveled further west (and further away from civilization!) but we were both REALLY happy to see this sign.....

Yeah, it was hot out but there was only 12% humidity!


Tonight is the last night in a hotel and then we move into our house tomorrow morning!! The movers are set to arrive early, we are excited to see the place, and the kitties are very happy to only have a 10 minute drive tomorrow :)

We don't have our internet set up at the house yet, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to blog next. But when I can, expect pictures of our new home and SLC!

1 comment:

michquig said...

I have loved following your blog Sarah! Cannot wait to hear/see more.
xo michele