Sunday, August 5, 2007

My 1,000th mile this year!!

This past week Bryan and I were on vacation in Martha's Vineyard. This was the second summer we have gone out there and we loved it. The weather was perfect -- sunny and hot! We had a great time relaxing at the beach, riding bikes around the island, and enjoying our time together. And of course, I was happy to be able to fit in my runs :)

On Monday, we headed out together for a 6 mile recovery run. I thought Bryan would turn around early, but he was feeling good so he ran the entire time with me. I was so happy to have his company and proud of him for going the whole 6 miles....he hasn't run that far since our half marathon last September.

Then on Tuesday morning, I headed out for a 10.5 mile run. The 4th mile was my 1,000th mile of 2007!!! I can't believe my legs have taken me so far in 7 months time. Before this year I don't think I had run more than 1,000 miles in my life! It amazes me that just a year and a half ago I was probably running 50 miles in a month (if that) and now I am running 50 miles in a week.....crazy!

I can't wait to see how many more miles I can log before the end of the year!

No comments: