Friday, August 31, 2007

Another hot 20 miler

Last week was great....cool temperatures that were great for running. Then Friday rolls around and it of course heats back up just in time for my second 20 mile training run on Saturday - great :(

I ran with John and Paul again for the first 13 miles and then continued on for another 7. We started early at 7:15am to beat the heat. We ran through Newton and back up the Comm Ave hills from the Boston course. I have definitely lost some of my endurance on those hills! I also ran into Bryan's uncle who is a big runner.....he was coming down Heartbreak Hill (lucky him!) just as I was about to start up it.

The last 7 miles were really hot and sticky. I again ran through the sprinkler at Boston College....well I actually stood in it for a minute! Other than the heat, I actually felt pretty good. I finished stronger and with more energy that I had for the 1st 20 miler of this training so that's a good thing.

So now I have one more 20 mile training run in a couple weeks. I am really hoping that the weather cooperates a little better for that one! Who knows....this could just be God's way of preparing me for a hot and humid marathon day....I sure hope not!!

No comments: