Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Last week's "race" and long run

This past week I "raced" a 10k (6.2 miles) against myself and guess what....I came in 1st place :) Its hard to really mimic race conditions without having other people around and not getting that adrenaline rush from a race, but I couldn't find a tune-up race in the area. I finished in 47:34 (pace of 7:40 min/mile)...not bad considering that it was humid and my shin/calf were bothering me.

On Saturday I met up with John and Paul again for an 18 mile run. The weather was much cooler than last week. For the first 5 miles or so, my calf was so tight I thought I would have to turn around early. Luckily after a couple miles, it loosened up and I had a good run. We all were able to pick up the pace towards the end. I took some time to really stretch out my calves after we finished, but it seemed to tighten up again once I stopped running.

I finished the holiday weekend with a bike ride, a picnic, and a day at the beach.....what better way to end the summer :)

No comments: