Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Still here and still pregnant!

Sorry for not checking in here for over a week, but yes, I'm still pregnant!  This past Saturday I hit 37 weeks which medically speaking is officially full term...WaaaHooo!!  That means I've officially told this little guy he is free to come whenever he wants.  And since my doctor won't let me go past 41 weeks (please God don't let me go that long!) I currently have less than 25 days until I'm holding my baby!!

While I want him to bake in there for as long as he needs, I have two big reasons for wanting him to be born a little early:
  • As of my 36 week growth ultrasound, he is still measuring very big....like head circumference in the 90th percentile big...yooza!!  I'm only imagining how much bigger that head will get if he takes his sweet time.
  • My doctor, who I really like, is going on vacation from May 26th through June 4th.  Yes, my due date is June 4th.  Not only do I really like her and want her to deliver my baby, but we've also talked a lot about her plans and ideas regarding delivery of this big baby, what we are both comfortable with in terms of a vaginal delivery (taking into account both mine and baby's safety concerns), and at what point to raise the white flag and call a c-section.  I know a different doctor would be just as capable as her, but of course I'm more comfortable with my own doc.  
So I'm asking the little guy as nicely as possible to consider a birthday of no later than May 25th.  In truth, I'm actually pleading with him to "please not hurt mommy with your big head!!"

I'll leave you with a picture of my little chubby cheeked B-Fo. How's he going to open his eyes with those cheeks in the way??

1 comment:

Tim said...

I'm keeping my cell phone turned on (except at night--at least for this week) for whenever B-FO decides to make his appearance!!