Saturday, May 21, 2011

A letter to my unborn son

Dear Baby Boy,

I'm sitting here exactly 38 weeks pregnant with you and I have so many things I want to tell you.  First, I want you to know how much you are loved already.  From the instant I saw that second line pop up on the pregnancy test, I became your mommy and promised to do everything in my power to love and protect you.  You were just a ball of cells at that point, but you had already stolen my heart and changed my life forever.  Sometimes early on I would question whether you were real, because I couldn't believe how much I could love something I had never seen or touched.  But then you started moving and the impossible happened - I started loving you even more.  Being pregnant with you has been the most amazing experience and I feel so blessed that you were given to me to grow and carry for these last 9 months.

Second, you should know just how much your daddy loves you already too.  I've seen a change in him these past couple months as you grew and he was able to feel you move and you would give him high fives.  He is so excited to meet you and hold you.  You are so lucky to have such an amazing daddy who is so smart, compassionate, and loving.  My job as your mommy would be successful if you grew up to be just like him.    

Its hard to believe that its almost time to meet you.  I'm so excited for that day but also a little sad.  You've been my constant companion for the past 9 months as we've gone everywhere together and haven't spent a second apart.  Selfishly, I love having you all to myself and know that once you are born I have to share you with others.  I will forever cherish the memories I have of being pregnant with you.

Please remember that no matter what, we will always love you and be there to support you.  Come out and meet us soon so we can fall in love with you even more!

I love you,
Your Mommy

4 comments:

Diane said...

Very soon now you will be holding your beautiful baby boy in your arms!
xoxoxo

Maria said...

Sooo sweet! Can't wait to see that new running partner of yours :)

Lee said...

You are amazing!

Tim said...

What a wonderful letter to B-FO! He will be so nurtured by his loving parents in the years to come, and I hope he gets to read this letter over and over again as well. I can picture this being a "bedtime story" read many times over!