Friday, March 18, 2011

Sometimes pregnancy has its perks!




Let me set the scene for you:  Last night I went out to a bar with Bryan and some friends to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day.  After quite a few rounds (club soda for me...beer for the others*) and a baby sitting on my bladder, I made my way through the very crowded bar to the bathroom.  Like any bar, there was a line for the ladies room and I got in the back of the line...




Drunk girl #1:  "OMG...I have to pee so bad!!!"
Drunk girl #2:  "Meeeee tooooo!!" (Said in desperation) 
Me:  (smiling at them while rubbing my belly)
Drunk girl #3 at the front of the line:  "OMG look at you....you need to come to the front of the line!!"
Me:  "oh no, I'm okay" (smiling and continuing to rub the belly)
Drunk girls in unison:  "Absolutely go first....you must have to go worse than all of us!!"

This was followed by lots of "OMG....you are so cute!"  and "you are so sweet for coming out tonight while pregnant"  (hello, I'm pregnant, not dead!) so I smiled and said thanks while I ducked into the bathroom before all of them!  Heck, I'm not drinking so shouldn't I get a little special treatment??  I'm not ashamed to say I used my baby....and it worked ;)  I can see this new found power coming in VERY handy over the next 2 months!


*In total confession, I will admit to having two sips of Bryan's beer....and man did it taste good!!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Thanks for a good laugh this morning Sarah! Cute post!

Tim said...

Just think how much fun you can have with a bunch of guys in a few more weeks--spill some water on the floor and say, "Uh oh!"