Monday, March 21, 2011

Lucky number 18!

So even though I was bummed about not skiing last weekend, I am so lucky to have had an amazing ski season while living in SLC.  In total, I (and therefore the baby) have skied a total of 18 times this winter!  That's got to be more than I skied out east in 5 years combined!  I know many people were shocked, worried, judgmental, etc. about me skiing while pregnant but an equal number were supportive and thought it was awesome I was still out there.  I'm so glad I listened to my body and took advantage of the amazing snow we've gotten this year.  The fact that in my last 3 weekends of skiing we had 20-30 inches of snow each weekend.  Yes, that's 60-90 inches total of the fluffy white stuff in 3 weeks.

I truly think the baby liked going skiing with me!  He would often kick and squirm a lot while driving up the canyon and when I would get on the lift.  Then the motion of actual skiing would lull him to sleep.  I'm not sure what was going on in his little head, but since he's got Bryan's and my DNA, I'm pretty sure he was doing a happy dance :)

My goal was to be able to ski through February and I hit that goal plus some.  The video below was taken on March 6th when I was officially in my third trimester (27 weeks).


Now the only question is if the baby will ski alpine like me or telemark like his daddy!
(we all know he'll be put up for adoption if he even mentions snowboarding...I kid, I kid...sort of!)

2 comments:

Lee said...

You look GREAT!! And I think its wonderful that you could continue to do what you love. I'm sure the baby will appreciate having a mom that is strong, determined and fun-loving.
Love you, Mom

M.W.Q said...

NEWSFLASH: BryBry Jr. wont even touch a ski. All snowboard all the time!! This is their time....
You do look pretty good sking for a runner. Best to you and my Neph.