Saturday, March 12, 2011

Feeling robbed

***The following blog is not my usual yay-I'm -so-happy-to-be-pregnant type of post...consider yourself warned***

Today I was planning to blog about the awesome last day of skiing I had last weekend.  I even had a video to add.  But it turns out I'm in no mood to write about that today.  Instead, I've spent most of the morning sulking around the house because I am home and not out skiing.

Today is the last day that I realistically could have skied this year due to weekend plans for the next few weeks and I'd be pretty big the next free weekend I would have had.  But I'm not skiing.  Bryan and I talked last night and while I know I would have been fine skiing today, he wasn't so enthusiastic about it.  I thought I was fine with that decision...turns out I'm not.  All morning I can't help but feel that I've been robbed of my last possible ski day of the year.  I'm mad that I didn't stand up for myself because I know my body well enough to know that skiing today would have been just fine.  Instead of ending the season on a high note and on my terms, I feel like I'm missing out.  I know, I know....I should be grateful that I've been able to ski as much and as far into this pregnancy as I have and yes, there are many worse things in the world to be upset about.  But right now all I can focus on is the fact that I'm not skiing.

And to add salt to my wound, I went out for a run hoping that would cheer me up only to get a side stitch towards the end and having to walk the last mile.  Awesome!

I know in a couple days this will seem like no big deal, but right now I just need some time to be upset about it.  I promise to be back to my regularly scheduled happy blogging soon...I know we all like those posts better than this!

2 comments:

Tim said...

Yeah, its not the biggest thing in the world, but some days we just need to give ourselves the permission to feel bummed. Hope tomorrow is better.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't realize how you were feeling when you called. It's okay to vent once in a while. Hope today is better. I love you!!! Mom