Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What's The Plan?

I haven't posted about my upcoming running plans recently and I've been getting some questions about what I have next on my racing schedule.

I'm sure it's not a surprise that I will be heading back out to Hopkinton on April 19th to run the 26.2 miles back into Boston. I absolutely LOVE this race....the atmosphere, the course, the camaraderie the runners have knowing we've all worked hard to get there (either by qualifying or by raising money for a charity...both equally hard work!). Boston just has a special feeling because you can't just sign up and run it like you can with every other marathon. You have to earn it!

What will be doubly as exciting this year is that I won't be running alone. After watching me race in 6 marathons, my husband Bryan has caught the marathon bug and decided to run Boston!! He will be raising money for the charity team at the hospital in which he is finishing his residency this July. I am really excited to train with him and even more excited to experience his first (and he claims 'only') marathon with him.

Rest assured, he and the rest of his charity team are in good hands regarding training. I have volunteered my time to be the Official Team Coach! My duties include answering questions for team members, sending out weekly e-mails with training tips, and even writing complete training plans for a couple of the team members. My first coaching clients that don't share my last name :)

So that's my plan for the spring. I might try to fit in a couple shorter races, but I have a lot on my plate with coaching (two teams now), running, and that necessity called real work. Now if the weather would just warm up some to make training a little more enjoyable!

3 comments:

Carmelle said...

Sounds exciting!

Maria said...

I'm so jealous! I would love for Jason to run a race for me... of any distance. Good luck to Bryan and pass me his fundraising URL whenever you get a sec

Tony said...

I'm the coaching is really starting to work out for you. It sounds like you love.