Saturday, January 9, 2010

Minor changes...Big differences

*****Updated with new picture*****

Ever feel like you are stuck in a rut? Like things are on repeat?

For example, I have worn my hair pretty much the same way for the past 3 years. The length changes a bit and the color can be different shades of blond, but for the most part I have worn my hair the same way. Straight, parted on the side, and side-swept bangs.

Exhibit A - The day after the Hartford Marathon in 2008

Exhibit B - Vacation in Cancun 2008

Exhibit C - My birthday 2009
As you can see, things haven't changed much (and hopefully not aging much either!). And while I like this style, I'm getting kind of bored. Stuck in a rut. Short of chopping it off or dying it black (yikes!) there wasn't much I thought I could do.

One day I decided to try parting it in the center. I know, not a big difference but I was shocked at how much it changed my whole look! It seemed to change the shape of my face and many coworkers asked if I had gotten it cut. I haven't completely given up on my roots as I still like the side part, but its nice to have little changes that make a big difference.


The alternate look
(This was 7:00am on Monday morning and taken with my iphone....I blame that for the bags under my eyes!!)
I need to remember this when it comes to my training. Its easy to fall into a routine with running....heck, that's what we as runners are supposed to do! But sticking to a schedule and being in a rut are two different things. Ruts cause me to resent our running. And when I resent running, I'm not a very friendly person!

So going forward I need to remember to put a little bit of a center part into my typical side swept training :)

2 comments:

Carmelle said...

We need a pic of the center part!

Sarah said...

I know!! I thought about that, but don't have one yet. I'll get on it and post an update :)