Thursday, November 15, 2007

Why am I nervous?

I've been easing back into running over the past few weeks and luckily have had no pain in my calves or shins. I've been careful not to run too many miles too quickly and aggravate the muscles again and I've been strength training, crosstraining on the elliptical/bike/stairmaster, and doing yoga once a week. Basically I've been doing everything right.

So why am I nervous to run? Every day I plan to run I get really anxious about it....I'm excited to go and love the cooler weather, but I just can't shake this feeling. I think I am worried the pain is going to come back.....that one of these days I am going to set out for my run and things are going to hurt again. I'm afraid that once I start increasing miles and doing tempo runs and intervals that its all going to come back.

But I can't let this feeling stop me from doing the thing I love! I'm back up to 6 miles for a "long run" and plan to tack on a few more miles this weekend. Like I said....I'm doing everything right so I guess I just have to keep doing what I'm doing and be smart about it.

No comments: