Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Vacation from life and from running!


I kept my word and took two full weeks off of running after Hartford.....I spent one of those weeks on a white sandy beach in Grand Cayman! Bryan I took a much needed vacation last week where we sat on the beach, went scuba diving, and ate and drank too much - it was great!! It was a nice change to be lazy and not exercise or have a training schedule to follow. Plus I didn't feel guilty about being lazy because I knew its what my body needed to help recover.
I am feeling good now.....I am relaxed, well rested, and my legs are feeling stronger. I know I am not 100% yet and that my recovery is still taking place. I'm looking forward to being active again after this vacation....going from marathoner to beach bum is rough :)


No comments: