Friday, October 12, 2007

Ready....Set....Race!!

In exactly 24 hours I hope to be less than a mile from the finish line of my second full marathon in Hartford! I can't believe its tomorrow....all the months of training, the stress of my injuries....it all comes down to tomorrow!

People keep asking how I am feeling and they are surprised to hear that I am nervous. Even though I have done this before, there is something inherently scary about running 26 miles! The first time I did this, my sole mission was to finish....now I know I can finish so I will be battling the clock in a search for my goal time. That's almost making me more nervous for this race compared to Boston! My goals are threefold (1) to finish (2) to beat my time from Boston (4:11:01) and (3) to break 4 hours. I have been watching the movie trailer from the first full length documentary about marathoning (www.marathonmovie.com). Every time I watch it I get so pumped up and get this excited, nervous energy running through me that says I am ready for this!! I need to listen to my own advice....trust my training and my taper! Even with these injuries, I know I am well trained so now its a matter of implementing that training for the race. Tomorrow is the last day I get to run for a while as I allow my calves/shins to heal so I plan to make every step and every mile of this race count.

I want to thank everyone that's been reading my blog and e-mailing me your kind works of support and encouragement! I will think about each of you as I push on to the finish line.

So I guess there is nothing more to say.....I am carbo loaded, fully hydrated, well rested, and ready to go. That means all that's left to do is run!!!

No comments: