Monday, January 22, 2007

10.5 miles + day of skiing + 5 hill repeats = 1 tired Sarah

On Saturday I woke up at 6:30am to run 10.5 miles with the team and my running buddy. The same route as two weeks ago (see "where the heck is winter" post) and this time it felt great! Then on Sunday I woke up at 6:15am to go skiing for the day with Bryan. I was tired and a little sore, but overall felt okay and was happy to be out. Plus skiing is good crosstraining for the legs. If that didn't leave me tired and sore, today I did a hill repeat workout and upped the number from 4 to 5 repeats up and down the hill......what was I thinking?!?!? Now I am really tired and my legs are getting a little stiff. I guess I should have pushed the hills off for another day, but at least I got them over with first thing in the week. In addition to the long runs, the hill repeats are probably the second most imporant aspect of my training so I am glad I got them done.

I know I really should go to yoga tonight and stretch out my body and relax, but all I can think about is sitting on the couch for the night, eating dinner, and watching 24. Why does my favorite yoga class have to be at 8pm.......don't they know how hard it is to motivate that late on a Monday night?

No comments: