Monday, November 14, 2011

Sick day and another must-have

As a stay at home mom, I don't get sick days.  I definitely should have taken advantage of my sick days more when I was working outside the home!  Unfortunately both the little guy and I have colds...his first :( Nolan is handling his like a champ and with the exception of a cough and lots of boogies, you wouldn't know he's sick.  Momma on the other hand is desperate for some Sudafed but unfortunately that's on the no-no list while breast feeding.  Apparently it dries up more than just your sinuses and we don't need a sick AND hungry baby!  So we are laying low and enjoying some extra cuddles.

         Not a bad way to spend a sick day!                                                      "I'll help you blow your nose mom!"


Even when he's sick, this kid doesn't stop smiling!


And with Nolan's cold, I have a new favorite thing to share with you.  Now this one is kind of gross, but I swear all new mom's need this!  Its called the Nose Frida and it is quite possibly the best snot sucker out there!  Yes, you use your mouth to suck out the snots.  No, you don't get any boogies in your mouth!  There is lots of tubing and a filter to prevent this from happening.  Why is this so much better than the traditional bulb aspirator?  Because you control the sucking, you get continuous suction to get out the snot.  With the bulb, you get the boogies half way out but then have to pull the bulb away to depress it and inevitably the baby sucks the boogie right back in.  I'm telling you, the Nose Frida with a little saline solution first and you'll be amazed at what you can get out of that little nose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm taking your word for it on the "snot sucker", and am soooo happy that you used mainly words to describe it in action! Hope you're both feeling better soon, and that even when sick you find things to smile at.