Friday, January 21, 2011

I wanna see celebrities!

I realize most of my posts lately have been about the baby.  While he is obviously the main thing on my mind right now, I do have other things going on in my life...here's one I'm really excited about!

Yesterday started one of Utah's biggest events of the year.  No, I'm not talking about the Mormon Convention, but the Sundance Film Festival!!  10 days of movies, celebrities, parties and guess whose going to be joining in the fun this year?  ME!!  I was lucky to score a "Locals Pass" which includes 12 tickets and 2 credential passes (and you can be sure I'll be flashing that baby all over Park City!)

Our good friends, A and R, from back in Boston are coming out next week to get in some skiing and see some movies.  It was really the best time for them to come because A isn't a huge skier but her husband R is.  This way the boys can ski and us girls can see movies and stalk hang out with celebrities!

I'm really excited about the line up of movies I got tickets to.  Its a nice mix of documentaries, dramas, and comedies.  Here's my schedule:

Sunday:  How to Die in Oregon  I'm starting out with a comedy, right?  Not quite...this is a documentary about how euthanasia is legal in Oregon for terminally ill patients.  I'm not taking any stand on the subject and maybe the movie will sway me one way or the other but if not, it sounds interesting.  I'll be seeing this with one of my SLC friends C.

Tuesday:  Higher Ground  This is definitely a chick flick so C and I are seeing it together....sans husbands!

Thursday:  Terri  A and R will finally be in town so the 4 of us will head into Park City for this coming-of-age comedy/drama.  It stars John C. Reilly and while I didn't recognize the name at first, you will probably recognize his face. 

Friday:  Here  The boys are going to ski so A, C, and I are heading back into Park City for a drama/love story movie in the morning and probably lunch and some celebrity watching (at least we hope!)

Saturday:  The Greatest Movie Ever Sold  This is a documentary by Morgan Spurlock, the guy that ate McDonalds every meal for a month in Supersize Me.  This movie is about product placement in media today and how its overwhelming us even when we don't realize it.  He shows us all this while making a film that is completely financed through advertising, marketing, and product placement.

As you can see, we have quite the line up!  I'll be sure to report back next week with my Siskel and Ebert worthy critiques.  But until then, look for me on Entertainment Tonight or Access Hollywood partying with the celebs (mocktail in hand, of course!)

1 comment:

Maria said...

So jealous!!! I've gone to the TriBeCa film festival for several years but it's not quite the star-gazing affair that you've got at Sundance. Have fun!!!