Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My 19 week (almost) bump

What do you all think...did I pop this week?

Okay so that isn't my "real" bump but it will be in a few weeks!  Truth be told, I was at the mall this past weekend and saw that Motherhood Maternity was having a huge sale.  While I'm still not needing maternity clothes yet (and yes my pre-pregnancy jeans still fit AND button!) I am never one to pass up a sale.  I thought it might be hard to try on clothes that are meant for someone with a much bigger bump than I currently have.  

Enter the bump prosthetic.  If you've recently had a baby you know what I'm talking about but for those of you not in this category (and up until I went in the store I was clueless too), many maternity stores have a strap on bump in each dressing room for those of us less-bump-endowed pregnant women.  The one I tried was supposed to simulate 7 months so I'll have to compare when I reach that point.  

While I left without the bump, I did snag two shirts and a cute dress all for less than $15 each!  Now I just need my real bump to grow a little more so I can actually fill out the shirts.

I'll leave you with my actual, real bump picture taken on Saturday at 19 weeks.  I'm starting to see something, I think???

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

You Definitely are!

Diane said...

You have that glow Sarah!
Looking oh so sweet!!

Maria said...

You learn something new every day, I did not know about bump prosthetics but it makes sense. Looks like your little guy is growing nicely, how's your energy since moving into the 2nd trimester?

Sarah said...

I'm feeling great! Went for a run with a friend yesterday after work and actually felt like a normal person running (albeit much, MUCH slower!)