Monday, May 10, 2010

A New Adventure

So as you may have noticed, my posts the last few weeks have been, well, non-existent. There has been a lot going on in my life which has occupied my time, energy, and basically entire thought process (all this in addition to a post-marathon work trip to Seattle). But the time has come to get back to blogging and share an exciting next step (no, I'm not yet joining Kara and Paula!).

I've alluded to changes in the past, but we are finally able to share this with you. This June (yes as in a month from now) Bryan and I are leaving our home for the past 8+ years in Boston and setting out for a new adventure in Salt Lake City!

He will be finishing his Residency here and has taken a fellowship position out there so we are preparing to back our belongings, the two cats, and drive across the county in a little over a month. We are both really excited about the move as we've been East Coasters all our lives and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to try out another part of the country before kids and houses and other grown up stuff come into play.

So as you can imagine, we've been busy preparing for this move (and Bryan's studying for his final Board exam at the end of May). I am very lucky that I had a couple job offers to choose from and finally decided on an engineering position at a small company right in SLC. I gave my notice at my current job last week. And then last weekend we also found a house to rent (yes, an actual house!) in the neighborhood of SLC that we wanted with lots of extra bedrooms for visitors :)

I definitely plan to continue blogging during our move and about our new life in Utah. It might have more posts about skiing and hiking than running, but I'm excited about the opportunity to do some trail running (there's a canyon right by our house!).

Looking forward to sharing this new adventure with you all and definitely come out to visit anytime!

PS. Save the jokes about Bryan wanting to move there so he can have more than one wife....we've heard them all ;)

PPS. He couldn't handle more than one of me!

3 comments:

Carmelle said...

Oh, Sarah! How exciting! :) I will be praying for your move! Show us pictures of the new place! It's going to be GORGEOUS! I am jealous!

Maria said...

So very excited for you and Bryan! Where does SLC sit altitude wise?

Sarah said...

Thanks ladies!

SLC is at 4,226 ft (is that high enough for altitude training?) and the highest point in the Wasatch is just under 12,000 ft and Alta is at ~10,000 ft. I know I feel the altitude when we are skiing there!