Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The End Of An Era!

On Sunday night, I settled onto my couch to watch the series finale of what I would consider one of the best TV shows ever. EVER! I, like millions of other people, have watched every episode, repeatedly asked "what??" about 1,000,000 times during the last 6 seasons, and anxiously awaited any answers Damon and Carlton would give.

The end of LOST was also symbolic of the end of something else. On Monday, I walked out of my office at work for the last time. No, it wasn't as dramatic as all the characters gathering in a church and walking into the light, but it was pretty significant for me. This was my first job after grad school. My group is pretty tight and when I say that no one leaves, I seriously mean that NO ONE leaves this group! People retire or have babies, but in my 5 years there no one has left for another company. Several of my coworkers, including my boss, have been there for 15+ years!

They threw me a wonderful party and gave me a very generous skiing gift for Utah!

Doesn't everyone want their picture on a cake after running 26 miles?

I am so blessed to have worked with such a great group of people. I'm ready to move on from the work, but I'll definitely miss the people. I'd like to say I cried more watching LOST but its just not true...I've never been very good at saying goodbye. Luckily I have two great coworkers that took me out for some drinks!

So yes, its the end of an era on two fronts. I'm glad to have a plan for the next era but still not sure what I'll be watching on TV next season?

3 comments:

Van 1- Hall said...

how i met your mother, big bang theory, and man vs. food

Maria said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that they used your finisher pic for hte cake, so very appropriate!

What did you think of LOST? I personally loved the ending.

Sarah said...

Yeah, the cake was awesome!! It was a little weird eating my face though :)

And yes I LOVED the ending of LOST. Took me a little while to decide what I thought but the more I pondered it, the more I liked it.