Monday, February 15, 2010

Lucky

I am a complainer. I wish I wasn't, but I am. I try to keep it to a minimum but sometimes I just can't help myself.

Today I found myself doing some cleaning around the house (usually something I would complain about) while the smell of baking banana bread filled the air (I'll post the recipe when its done!). I was dancing around the kitchen while my two cats looked on like I was crazy. My ipod was on shuffle playing everything from U2 to Lady Gaga to Greg Coplen. Jason Mraz's song Lucky came on and while dancing with Tigger, all of a sudden I realized how much I love my life!


I feel so lucky to have a husband that I am crazy about, a body that allows me to run and practice yoga, two kids (yes, my cats are my kids) that love me even if they can't tell me with words (see picture below for proof). Its funny how the somewhat mundane acts of cleaning, baking, and dancing can lead to such a deep break-through!

Getting some kisses
We even share ice cream!

For those of you who know me, you know that there are some changes that will be happening over the next couple months (I promise to fill the rest of you in all in due time). For now, I need to remember to be more thankful of the amazing things and people in my life and do less complaining about the things that don't really matter!

Now I gotta run as Clover is waiting for her dance with me....she loves Lady Gaga :)

1 comment:

Maria said...

Love this!

BTW, I have a new baked oatmeal recipe I'm trying out - will pass it along if it turns out good :-)