Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Weekly Update

I didn't post much last week because not much was new or exciting to talk about. After my record 60 mile week and 22 mile long run last week, things this week just felt ordinary. But I guess that's good. Plugging away at the miles when there isn't much excitement behind them is what helps make us mentally stronger. I need to keep my eye on the big picture for the next couple weeks and draw motivation from that.

With that said, last week wasn't to shabby either. Here's how it broke down:

Monday - 8 miles total with 5x800m intervals between 3:29 and 3:33 (I need to talk to Dr. Pfitzinger about this training plan....who schedules a track workout 2 days after a 22 mile run!?!?)
Tuesday - Easy 5 miles over lunch with some work friends
Wednesday - 12 miles including the Newton Hills
Thursday - 4 mile recovery run
Friday - 9.5 miles with 7 miles at goal marathon pace (not sure what that is yet, but I averaged 8:26 min/mile here)
Saturday - 18 mile long run including Newton Hills...not exactly sure what the pace was because I messed up my watch, but I think it averaged somewhere around 8:45 min/mile with the first half a little slower than the second
Sunday - REST!! And 60 minutes of yoga plus some additional stretching and foam rolling

Looking back I to have a lot to be proud of this week. I ran 6 days for the second week in a row and I managed to push some really good paces even though I was tired. I have also learned to cherish my rest and recovery days!

Saturday was odd because it went from thunder, lightning, and downpours as I drove into Fitcorp to sunny and 70 degrees as I finished my long run....very odd! Bryan and I took advantage of the nice day and walked around town and then went to a new sports bar up the street from our house to watch the Red Sox vs. Yankees game.....GO SOX!! Sure, beer isn't the best way to rehydrate after a long run.....but I needed the carbs :)

Total miles for the week = 56.5!

1 comment:

Steph said...

You are so right Sarah, beer isn't the optimal rehydration drink after a long run. A margarita is! Think of the sodium you get from licking the salt off the rim.

Getting ready to do my bike intervals to Ozomatli on Dancing with the Stars tonight!

Any my marathon shirt is lost in FedEx Land-let's start crying now! Enjoy your rest days you deserve it!