Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My cravings

People keep asking me if I've had any cravings during my pregnancy.  I think they are hoping I say something cliche like pickles and ice cream or something totally bad for you like french fries.  While I have indulged in a few many fries and ice cream scoops (sorry, not together) over the past 9 months, I'm sorry to inform you all that these things aren't what I crave.  Also, while these three foods are something that I've wanted more during pregnancy, I'm also sorry to say that I have never truly craved them as in "Bryan go out to the store right this minute and buy me XX!"

But for those of you who asked, these are the three things I've been craving during pregnancy:

Berries:  strawberries, blueberries, blackberries...all berries.  Luckily this craving hit around the time that berry prices were coming down from their winter high so I was able to buy pints at a time without going broke!
 Orange juice:  Now I was never a big fan of orange juice but over the past few months, I've been drinking pretty much a glass a day.  I think its the citrus (which doesn't help the heartburn) that I crave and drinking OJ is a heck of a lot easier than peeling an orange!  I do cut it in half with water because full strength OJ is a little too strong for me.
Dr. Pepper:  I've never been a big soda drinker and probably only have some 1-2 times per month.  While I'm definitely not drinking liters of soda a day now, its probably become more like a 1-2 times per week craving for me.  And Dr. Pepper is my soda of choice right now!
 So there you have it!  Sorry its not that interesting and with the exception of the soda, its actually very healthy*  :)

*notice I didn't include the almost pound of Easter candy I consumed this weekend??  But I'm pretty sure many non-pregnant people also did that so it doesn't really count!

No comments: