Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Case of the blahs!

I know, I know...I haven't posted in a while! I've noticed that the frequency of my blog posts is directly proportional to my excitement for running. Actually I shouldn't say running, but rather training. When I am enjoying training, I tend to post more often and when I am in a slump the post tend to slow down....sometimes waaaaay down!

This slump seems to happen when I am about 6 weeks out from a race. I've been training for a while but the race still seems so far away. My legs never feel like they are fully recovered or have any spring in them. I don't feel like I am getting any faster. I start to question my goals and why I am even training for another marathon.

But luckily I have successfully trained for and run 6 marathon so I know this feeling will pass and that I just need to continue logging the miles. Taper will be here before I know it and then I will be wishing I had more time to train!

I guess that's where the expression "if it were easy, everyone would be doing it!" comes from :)

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hang in there, you know an upturn is just around the corner!